Friday, November 28, 2008

Random Bits and Pieces

That's right, I am too lazy to type out a whole post, so it's bullet-style!
  • My daughter thinks she is Elton John!

  • Since our Santa photo session was such a bust, I tried to snap a few pics of the girls in their Christmas dresses before we changed them. I got two decent snaps...nothing magical like I wanted, but still cute. After this 10 minute photo session, there was a complete meltdown by both the girls. I guess it was pushing it after the Santa "experience".

  • We have been taking the girls for nightly walks before bath time, and it really is one of my favorite moments of the day. I get to hear Izzy yell, "I gotchu!"...this is of course when she is running away from you and really doesn't have anything. Izzy is always yelling, "Beans!" Beans is Gwen's nickame. Izzy can't pronounce the "n" in Beans, so it's more like "Beas!" Izzy likes to run on her nightly walks, and Gwen is more like a slow penguin moving at her own waddly pace. One house was decorated with lights tonight, and you should have seen the wonder in the girls' eyes. I think I might be able to convince Bart to put a few lights outside the house since the girls think it's so magical.

  • My sister was hosting Thanksgiving this year, and she got sick before it all started, so my mom and I prepared most of the stuff. Of course my sister had everything on her end pre-done, but I think this Christmas will definitely be a catered affair at my house. As much as I love Thanksgiving food, it sure it a lot of work for 10 minutes of eating. Yep, I'm thinking it will be a catered Italian Christmas! ;) We took a walk after the Thanksgiving dinner, and Beans loved on her cousin. Here she is kissing him!

  • I got my mind set on making holiday goodies today, and I took Gwen to Tom Thumb to get stuff to make fudge and sugar cookies. Gwen got to ride in the little car attached to the shopping cart...and boy did she love that! And I discovered that Tom Thumb has the double-sided front cart so that I could actually take both girls grocery shopping by myself if I wanted to...hee hee...if I wanted to! And while I am on the topic of grocery stores...Dear Super Target, although I love your store, it's about time that you start actually putting my groceries in my cart. Since when did you become almost Sack and Save? Oh, and Dear Super Target checker, the next time my 12 pack of Coke that I am having to put in my cart on my own (of course) breaks, please actually help me pick up the 12 cans that went flying everywhere instead of watching me sweat it out wrangling them up. Seriously, Super Target, you owe me! I won't even get into your debit machine breaking in the middle of my transaction.

  • Both girls got flu shots today, and not a whimper from either one! Rock on!

No comments: