Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Dum Dum goes a long way...

Today my mom came over to see the girls for her usual weekend visit. This means Bart and I always get a yummy Taco Cabana breakfast that Grandma K picks up on her way over. We had a nice morning hanging out, but I'm always thinking of things to do to get us out of the house, and so I decided that it was the perfect time to get Gwen's hair cut. We normally take the girls to our hair stylist to get their hair cut, but I hadn't made an appointment recently, and Gwen's hair was looking pretty scruffy, so I decided to take her to one of those places that specialize in cutting toddler hair. Grandma K and I only took Gwen since Izzy's hair is okay for now, and honestly, I didn't want to pull my own hair out wrangling two kids at the place.

Once we got there-there was only two other kids in front of us, and it did take a bit to get to Gwen since there was only one hair stylist at the time. Right about when it was Gwen's turn, another stylist showed up, and Gwen got to sit in the red fire truck! She was excited! And she looked so cute too! I told the stylist I basically wanted her hair like mine...shorter in the back but longer in the front...a basic swing cut. Also, we are in the process of growing out some of her bangs, and that's a big pain, but the stylist agreed and marked where her bangs should start and where I have been cutting has been pretty close. Anyways, Gwen did awesome overall. The Dum Dum sucker Grandma gave her helped a lot too as Gwen we getting a bit fidgety about 5 minutes in. I think the stylist spent like 15-20 minutes on her hair. It was more expensive to go to this speciality place, but it was well worth it for the great cut...and of course the Dum Dum sucker!

Here are some photos I took with my cell phone. Oh, and Grandma K wins the overall big help award because she stayed right by Gwen the entire time and helped keep her still for the stylist.


And because I can't post pics of just Gwen...

1 comment:

mamashine said...

I am highly impressed. Luke screams and thrashes around the entire haircut. I don't care how much it costs- it's worth every penny. I would stab him with the scissors totally by accident if I tried to do it myself. He makes them earn their money!