Saturday, March 28, 2009

I Did It!

I ran my first 5K today! I am not going to lie and say I ran the whole race, but I would say I ran a lot more than I normally do on my own. I probably ran about 70% of the race and walked the other 30%. And hello it was like in the early 30's or something this morning...windchill probably much lower! To say that I was a human popsicle prior to the race starting is an understatement! I had about 4 layers of tops on, a ear cover thingy, sweatshirt hood, and scarf...and gloves! Before it all started I thought that this might be stupidest thing I have ever done, and boy was I wrong. I had a blast running with two of my friends. One of my friends I ran with I call the running Nazi because she totally pushes you to keep going when you are totally ready to hork your lungs up. And there were times I thought I might vomit. But the joy in passing up and beating teenagers is awesome! I did get beat though by my principal and his 8 year old son...what the heck? I finished in 40 minutes and 3 seconds. Not a number to boast about, but I don't care. The point is, I did it! Now my next goal is to run another 5K with my friends in tow again. We had such a great time together and had a fabulous IHop breakfast after the race that we decided we need to do this more often...big breakfast included each time!

Oh, and since I am trying to keep a few things about myself confidential, please ignore the big black boxes. :)

3 comments:

mommy boo of two said...

Congratulations! That's great. I don't think I could even walk a 5K, haha. Great job, again :)

mamashine said...

That is awesome! Can I do it too with you next time?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I always say I want to do a 5K or 10K and I always flake out. You might end up running marathons!