Ok, Operation Skinny Thighs is currently underway! I finally went back to my gym today after about a 2 month break. I've recently noticed that my thighs are starting to get to the point that a fire might start if some polyester pants were involved. That's never a good thing! Anyways, I've been trying to make a few little changes here and there like upping my proteins and lowering my carbs, increasing my water intake...but it's just so dang hard for me to stick with something for a long period of time when it involves my weight. I feel just plain ol' torn at times...I don't want to keep looking the way I do, but I don't actually want to the do the work that it requires to look better. In my head I want to do the work, but actually doing it is a whole 'nother thing. Maybe I haven't reached my rock bottom, but I'm tired of my weight being an issue for me. Now I realize that some people might look at me and think I'm not so bad in the weight department, but when you feel bad about yourself concerning your weight, it's a problem regardless.
After going to the gym today, I felt initially like puking as I got in my car and drove home...but then later tonight I just felt better all around. Again, it's that whole issue...I feel better after I work out, so why can't I get my butt to the gym more often? My brain and my actions are not quite in sync with each other.
Oh, and by the way, I found a 20 minute workout in my Better Homes and Garden magazine that inspired me to actually get to the gym today. It's a 20 minute treadmill workout designed by Jackie Warner...I loved her Bravo show! The workout involved you basically walking at a really steep incline for 2 minutes, then 2 minutes of running, then 1 minute of walking...repeat 3 times. Supposedly even without a diet change, if you do this workout 3 times a week, you will lose a pound a week. The workout gives you the speed for each step, and subsequent weeks you increase by .2. I figure I can do anything for 2 minutes at a time! And let me tell you, by the third rep, the puking feeling set in a bit. And yes, I am pretty much a wimp when it comes to working out.
Anyways, Operation Skinny Thighs is offically underway!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Cool, someone else on the bandwagon with me! How fast do you do each interval? I may try that tomorrow morning. I am such a horrible runner though...2 minutes is pushing it!
Okay, I had to send Bart out to my car to get the paper with the speed on it...here goes...
Step 1: (2 minutes) steep incline at a 15 going 2.8-3.0 mph
Step 2: (2 minutes) running at 4.0-5.0 mph
Step 3: (1 minute) walking at 2.8-3.0 mph
I don't think the running is so bad, but when it's right after the incline, by about the 3 rep, it gets a bit hard! I can imagine too that increasing it a bit each week would get hard by the next month.
Post a Comment