Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mi Familia

Before I post some pics from Ariela's birthday, I have to tell you a funny story from this morning. As usual, we went to work out at 24 Hour Fitness this morning. The girls usually LOVE going and playing in the play center area. Well today, not so much. They both cried as soon as we got in and didn't want us to leave. We spent a few minutes in the play center with them and tried to calm them down. Eventually Izzy found a headless Barbie to play with, but Gwen wasn't having it! I let Bart sneak out while I stayed with Gwen. I kept trying to distract Gwen with toy after toy, but she knew what I was up to. I finally decided I was just going to have to let her cry for a bit and make a break for the door. Of course, she did the whole belly flop, and she put her head down on the floor and cried. I felt bad, but I wasn't about to turn around and go home either. Bart and I worked out and no one came and got us, so we took that as a good sign. When we were done working out and heading to pick them up, I just peeked inside before I opened the door, and what I saw was the funniest thing ever. The guy who was working the play center was holding Gwen and letting her watch the TV in his lap while the other kids were playing. She apparently needed a lot more calming down than I thought, and I think he basically had to hold her the entire time. It was so cute though to see this big burly guy holding Gwen. And of course, like usual, as soon as both kids saw us, they both started crying. This happens every time at the gym...while playing, they forget about us, but as soon as they see us, they cry like we have deserted them forever. :)

Okay, on to pics from Ariela's birthday a few weeks ago...



I love this picture of Julian above! Don't you just want to eat him up?


No comments: