Saturday afternoon Bart and I each took a girl out to run errands. Bart took Izzy to Home Depot for some stuff, and I took Gwen to get some new shoes. After Gwen and I picked up some shoes we headed to Target because she needed some new socks. I have a bin at home full of socks, but they girls' feet have grown a lot since last winter. While at Target, I decided to buy the girls a few new toys. It's rare that they get toys anymore since that requires extra $$ and with two kids in daycare, there's no extra to spare usually. But I had some extra money money from my side editing job that I was able to spoil Gwen and go down the toy aisle. We picked out a Yo Gabba Gabba dance mat and some bathtub flutes. The dance mat at first was a hit once we got it home, but Izzy was obsessed with turning it on and off...so annoying...every time Gwen would get into her dance groove, Izzy would be pushing that dang button again. The flutes though were a huge hit!
We have been wanting to start bathing the girls in our jacuzzi tub since basically it's like a small pool to them. I picked up some Mr. Bubble at Target, and we started our BIG bath bubble night Saturday night. Wow, a note to the wise, do NOT pour Mr. Bubble into your bathtub and then proceed to actually turn the jacuzzi part on. It's bubbles amplified! Just take a look at the pics below to get an idea of what kind of winter wonderland we had kickin' in our tub! The girls were in hog heaven!


We went to our new favorite park on Sunday morning and had a good time like usual. I need to start leaving my camera at home because I spend so much time fidgeting with the knobs trying to get the perfect f-stop, shutter speed, exposure, etc., correct. Bart thinks I am speaking a totally different language when I try to explain the f-stops to him. Basically what I have decided is that as long as I can get a decent enough photo SOOC (straight out of the camera), then I can edit it to get it exactly how I would like it. I wish I were just better at the photography part, but darn if I can't get my DSLR down...it aggravates me to no end. Anyways, I think I need to start leaving it at home more because I don't enjoy enough time with the girls because I'm trying to get the money shot. Anyways, Daddy got a pretty good shot of Sneedle and Mommy! I rarely get a decent photo of myself, so I was excited to see this pic...would have been better if Izzy was smiling, but hey, beggars can't be choosers! :)


3 comments:
Okay, you lost me with all that f-stop discussion. I'm strictly a point and shoot kinda girl. :)
I'm so impressed that they'll put their faces in the bubbles like that. G JUST started doing that this summer and L still won't.
You'll ruin your jets with those bubbles... not that I would know from personal experience or anything....
Oh yeah, I did the bubble thing with Ari when she was little and it was bubbleville! The girls are adorable as usual. Yeah, be like the rest of us... you get what you get when you take the picture...we're not judging the perfection of the picture we're checkin out how cute the girls are!!! Love ya, Karla
hey, tell bart I talked to bruce moran last night and he says hi. :)
Post a Comment