Thursday, September 4, 2008

Halloween

Today the girls' Halloween outfits arrived! They are going to be so cute! Believe it or not, it was very hard to find a good costume for them. At one point we thought about dressing them each as a Wiggle, but then decided not. Then I had decided that I wanted them to be pirates because what could be cuter than two little pirates? But after scouring the internet for a good pirate costume, I gave up on that idea. Comfort is the biggest issue for us when it comes to dressing them. I always try to think what would be comfortable on me and apply that idea to them. The internet just mainly had the same ol' run of the mill polyester pirate outfits, and I did find some pirate related items that I could mix together, but finding two of the right size was an issue. I finally ran across what Bart and I thought were two adorable little Halloween costumes...or actually outfits that could double as Halloween costumes. You're probably wondering well what the heck are they going to be? I'll be dropping hints here and there and let's see if you can guess their outfits! Here's your first hint. What Izzy is going to be starts with a "P". What Gwen is going to be starts with a "R".

I think this is going to be a really fun Halloween this year because the girls are finally old enough to stay up later and to be able to go door to door. Plus, we are continuing our tradition of the baby Halloween party...this year it's the toddler party! On a side note, when I think back to my childhood Halloween experiences, I always think about how my dad used to get out his metal detector and go over our loot to make sure it was safe to eat. Hmmm...maybe Bart can get out his EMF detector:)

3 comments:

mamashine said...

OH MY GOODNESS YOU'RE BLOGGING. Why did you not tell me this? I'm so excited!

I have no idea what the girls' costumes are. I need more clues. I also have no idea what my kids might be. Haven't thought about it yet. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the costumes and of course, the toddler party!!

Anonymous said...

-Panda and Rhinoceros?
-Palin and Romney?
-Panhandler and Ragamuffin?

This is too hard, I need more clues!