Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Well, not so much of an eventful Valentine's this year, but still a very nice one! Last night I went to hang out with some girlfriends for dinner and drinks. This group of girlfriends has a tradition of working out together on a Friday night and then one of them cooking dinner at their place for the rest. Since I planned on already working out after school, I went over later for the dinner portion, and it was fun! Sometimes (well, almost all the time) I feel like such a mom. There's nothing wrong with that because yes, that is who I am...but, it's not JUST who I am. Hanging out with the girls reminded me of that fun, carefree part of me that gets lost sometimes in the muckary of filling sippies, changing diapers, etc...or it could also have been all that wine I had too. ;) And I pretty much had a hangover for a good part of today, but that wine was all worth it!

This morning Bart went out to pick us up breakfast for Valentine's since we didn't get to go out on our date. We ended up cancelling our babysitters since Friday was the first time Gwen has actually felt better and we didn't want to take any chances with her. For the rest of the morning Bart and I just hung out around the house in the morning and took the girls outside for a bit to color on the sidewalk with their chalk. They sure do love doing that, and now my house brick has it's own rainbow colored chalk effect...just lovely! This afternoon we took the girls to run errands, and it was just in general a good overall day. I worked out this evening. I took my Ipod for the first time, and wow, music sure does make a difference in your workout. I highly recommend anything by Beastie Boys to get you in your workout groove!

Tomorrow morning Grandma K is coming over for breakfast. We are having eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and pancakes...yum!

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's weekend!

2 comments:

mamashine said...

How fun!

My kids love to color on the house and then get those potato scrub brushes and a glass of water and wash the chalk off. It keeps them busy twice as long and they don't think they're cleaning. :)

Anonymous said...

We missed you at the party but it sounds like you had a good weekend anyway!