Saturday, October 4, 2008

Our Saturday

Granna and Grammy came to visit this morning, and we had a great time. The girls were as silly as usual, and Granna said, "Are they always this active?" Um, yeah, they are always this active...and the bags underneath my eyes should serve as proof. Last weekend at the park, another man said something to the same effect...I guess we got some hellions for kids...maybe it was all those drugs I had to take when I was pregnant or something, but these kids ARE active!

We found another local park that is literally right around the corner that is really nice, and we have been visiting it frequently. It has a soft mushy surface, so it's nice for "active" kids. ;) Last weekend when we went, my famous last words on the way out the door were, "Do we need to bring sippies or snacks or something?" Bart said he didn't think so, and off we went. Well, darn if some woman had to ask her kid if they wanted any snacks...sure enough, Gwen wanted off the swing right away, and she wanted those snacks! I had to literally use my body as a barricade the entire time. And of course the girls wanted to play with everyone else's toys too...one family was nice enough to let the girls use their push car and toy stroller. Eventually everyone cleared out of the park and it was just us and this other family, and once the mom whipped out her kids' snacks, our two ran over to get some...and this mom was so nice she just sat there doling out and sharing her snacks with our two kiddos. We got to chat with them awhile, and they were a very nice family. There really are nice people in this world.

Lately Izzy has not been very nice to her sister and has been enjoying messing with her. Her favorite thing to do at home is to take Gwen's wubby from her...this causes lots of tears and drama. Izzy definitely has a huge ornery streak in her. Today though, the girls played together so well that Bart and I have hope for the future.

Bathtime around here is a big hit these days! Now that we have moved the girls into our tub, they love to play in there for a good 40 minutes. Bart and I really enjoy watching them have so much fun together! They have even started doing cute things together like washing each other's hair or back.

Can I go outside?

Please?


Grammy is reading to us!


Fun at the park!




Momma cut my hair!

Gwen and Izzy's FAVORITE chip!

No comments: