We had fun celebrating JuJu’s 2nd birthday this weekend. I still can’t get over my sister having a sophomore in high school and a 2 year old! And she was almost free and clear! But seriously, it is going to be so much fun having JuJu and the girls so close in age. I can already foresee all the slumber parties and sharing beds and swimming together in the summer and the begging to spend the night at their cousin’s house. It is going to be fun! JuJu’s sister, Ariella, has a cousin almost the same age, and they are so close…I imagine the girls and JuJu will be like that.
We are still doing pretty well on the potty training front, but Izzy still scares us a bit because she is not like Gwen who will tell us when she really needs to go, so we end up having to put her on the potty like every 30 minutes or so…yep, somewhat of a beating right now to keep up with that rigorous schedule, but I’m sure it will be worth it in the end. We took the girls to IHop for breakfast this morning, and I’m pretty sure Gwen likes the idea of pancakes, but she really doesn’t eat them. Now Izzy on the other hand went through four slices of toast. Did you know two slices of buttered toast costs $1.79? Yikes! I decided I better get my money’s worth this morning, so when Bart took Izzy to go pee on the way out, Gwen and I sat in the waiting area in the front, and I had a complimentary cup of coffee they had there for customers that had to wait to get seated.
And I haven’t even seen the movie Food Inc. yet, but I saw the Oprah special, and I’m already trying to figure out how to create more natural versions of the foods that we eat already eat a lot. The menu for this week include homemade pizza dough, homemade naan, homemade pizza sauce, and lots of fresh fruit for the girls. Yay, me!
Oh, and see if you can spot my twin daughter below…she looks like she could be mine!


No comments:
Post a Comment