Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Recap

So far Christmas break has been pretty good!  We still have yet to potty train Gwen like we had planned this break, but there’s still time…um, yeah, cross your fingers!  Over the break we celebrated the girls’ birthday and of course had much pre and post and Christmas activities.  We usually spend Christmas Eve with my husband’s family, but after getting half way there in what seemed like a blizzard, we had to turn around and come home due to possible icy conditions on the return home.  We ended up spending Christmas Eve at McDonald’s and playing on their equipment.  Due to the lack of people and kids there on that night, I ended up spending a lot of time boosting the girls up the play equipment so that they could get up to the top…needless to say, I felt I was covered in cooties by the night’s end!

A new gym location for my gym opened over the break, and Bart and I have been going daily to the gym.  Minus Christmas day and the day after, we have gone to the gym every day!  The new gym is so awesome that it’s actually inspiring to work out in there!  And the girls love the play area…bonus!  Bart is working on getting rock hard abs, and I’ll just take one ab if I can find it…ha!

The girls have been struggling with napping lately…or should I say Daddy and Mommy have been struggling with the girls not napping lately!  It’s been pretty much hit or miss over the break with their naps.  We still stick very strictly to our schedule, but there’s been lots of playing around in their room during naptime by the two.  There’s a peephole on their bedroom door, and today Bart would look at them through the peephole and tell them that they better be in their own beds when he opens the door, and he told me that Izzy would run and dive in her bed as soon as she heard him.  OMG, I was so laughing about that!

Here are some pics from the break so far…

 36mC 036 rev1  36mC 044 rev136mC 141 rev1 36mC 053 36mC 068 rev1 36mC 080 rev2 36mC 088 rev1 36mC 093 rev1 36mC 095 rev1 36mC 111 rev1 36mC 130 rev136mC 004 rev1  36mC 283 rev1 36mC 294 rev136mC 291 rev1

No comments: