Monday, August 31, 2009

Where to start...

To say that that the beginning of the school year has been exhausting would be an understatement in my world right now! Bart and I have officially had a week now with kids in classes, and by howdy are we worn out! It wouldn't have been such a rough first week if two ornery girls would have been sleeping well. I think they planned this sleep issue to throw us for a loop. We've been pretty lucky in that our girls have slept through the night since 3 months...minus a few nights here and there, but last week took the cake. Starting on Tuesday night it was a symphony of wailing between the two. We are big proponents of the CIO method, but it gets hard when you have two kiddos in the same room, and neither can sleep through the others crying like they used to be able to. I think between Tuesday and Wednesday night, my husband and I got a combined total of like 5 hours. Thursday was a bit better...thank you, Benadryl...but we still had one kid up that night. Needless to say, when they napped this weekend, we napped! The icing on the cake though was on Saturday when somehow Izzy managed to get her sleeper off and therefore prompted Gwen to take her clothes off, and both of them peed all over their beds...which of course was right after we had put new bedding on their beds. This upcoming weekend we are going to try to put them in their twin beds and hope the sleep issues decrease with the added room...either that or Craigslist might have a new listing for a free set of twins....I'm kidding! Maybe!

Some pics from the happier sleep filled summer days...


2 comments:

mommy boo of two said...

I hear ya on the lack of sleep!!! Both of the girls have colds and we've had some rough days and nights as well. Husband was wonderful and took today off so he could help me out last night and today.

Aren't grown-up naps the best?!

Hopefully school calms down as the next few weeks (if not sooner!) go by.

Noodle, also, had a pee incident this week. I don't know if it's just because she's sick or what, but she peed in the middle of her bedroom with all of her clothes on! It was lovely :) I think I've rambled enough. Have a good one!

Unknown said...

Hello! I finally managed to follow your blog! Your girls are so cute. See you soon! (V. Fig) surname Rae Rae Moon