Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Twin Beds for Two!

We are almost done with the girls' big girl room! My husband and I have had fun with picking the decor for their new room...well, I should I say, I have found it all, and he gives the yay or nay on the matter. Husbands are good for things like that. ;) This is the first time we have painted a bedroom a color besides the rest of the house neutral tan color, so it was exciting to delve from the norm for us. At first we thought we were going to have the girls share one of the existing full size beds we already had, but then we took one look at our kids and were like who in the heck are we fooling...they will never sleep in the same bed! And yes, I already know there will probably be a day soon when they decide to share the same twin bed, but nevertheless they each have their own twin bed now. They are not quite ready for the big girl room quite yet, but we are hoping with them seeing their new big girl room almost done that they will be swayed into wanting to be potty trained like big girls, and doing all big girl things like actually staying in their new beds and not jumping on their beds from one bed to another. Boy howdy do I feel like it's gonna be one big slumber party once they are out of cribs...I mean for crying out loud, our kids still have crib tents! It's going to be a leap of faith once we go forward with putting them in beds...I don't know if Mommy and Daddy are going to be ready for this, but I think the girls will be sometime soon!

1 comment:

mamashine said...

I love it! So you're moving them to the other bedroom? What are you going to do in the room that used to be theirs?