We are getting the girls' big girl bedroom ready. It is going to be so cute! I found a really cute shelf today for their room at a local thrift store for 7 bucks! It was already painted the perfect color and had that shabby chic look to it. Only downside to the shelf...doesn't fit on the wall I bought it for...needs to go on another wall that is closest to the door to their room...will still look cute though...just be careful you don't take your eye out rounding the corner into their room. ;)We bought them mattresses for their beds last week, and boy howdy did they get some nice mattresses! Their mattresses are more plush than mine...um, yeah, these girls are spoiled! And let me just mention that I hate shopping at places where there are actual sales people and they work on commission. Needless to say, there is a lot of wiggle room in prices of mattresses. I'm completely addicted to Craigslist! I'm not kidding when I say that every day I am checking for something nifty to buy on there. So far I have bought the girls' headboards on there, my desk, my kitchen table, and bed rails! I still need to find a chair for my desk and would like to find a short dresser for their room. I am already depressed about the beginning of the school year. For some reason, this year, I REALLY don't want to go back. Why do summers seem so short? This has been a good summer with the girls, and I feel like we have gotten many projects completed...I just need at least 2 more months though! ;)I swear I have gained 3 pounds in a week...or the summer eating has finally caught up with me. I have still though faithfully been running and walking every other night. At least I have been consistent with that. Trying on clothes in Gap's dressing room is a much more pleasant experience than Old Navy. Gap's dressing rooms have mirrors with lights behind creating an effusing glow making your skin look great...Old Navy has the cheap industrial lights that shine down on you making every pocket of fat on your body show. This is probably why I almost never can find anything at Old Navy that fits me right. Hubby and I have been taking note of all the places where kids can eat free. IHop for a limited time offers free kids meals with adult meals...yeah, we'll be hitting that up sometime soon! Okay, enough randomness for today!
Here's a random pic!

1 comment:
Totally with you on summer. I am in a workshop the next two days and then I go back for good next Thursday...summer feels pretty much over and it suuuuuucks!!
Ooh, I am all about free meals and also all about IHOP! We wanna come!
Post a Comment