Monday, June 29, 2009

Potty Training

Well, the time has come...potty training is about to begin! Bart and I had planned on full force potty training sometime this summer, but since the girls have been stripping themselves naked during many naptimes, the time has come for the training to begin. Bart and I already assuming that Gwen will be the easier twin to train. Maybe Izzy will surprise us, but with her behavior lately, I'm kinda doubting it. Oh my lord, Izzy has been the MOST difficult child lately! Trying to get her dressed in the mornings on daycare days is like wrestling a wet pig, and oh, the floppy backarching this girl can do is unbelievable. She is definitely MY child, I'm sure of that and that would probably be why she and I butt heads the most. For some reason though, she has days where she only wants me and doesn't want daddy at all. I'll take what I can get. :)
I went to a few thrift stores today looking for some cheap books for the girls, and wow, I'm not going back to Half Price Books again! I totally scored in finding lots of good books for the girls. The girls have been not wanting to go down at nightime, and we give them a book in their crib too look at/read, and having some new ones will definitely be a good thing. I got lots of good vintage books which include some Dr. Suess, Golden Books, and Sesame Street books. There's just something about seeing books from your childhood that makes you a bit nostalgic.

I'll keep reporting on the potty training front this week...wish us luck!

1 comment:

mommy boo of two said...

It sounds like you're all set! Good luck and I'll be anxious to hear how it goes :)