I told my husband the other day that I wasn’t fond of age 4 yet. I don’t know if it’s because it’s summer, a full moon is pending, or it’s just this season of toddlerhood, but goodness, age 4 so far has been a doozy!
Here are the doozies:
- Fighting. The girls will intentionally try to irk each other. It could be taking the other one’s toys, taking the other one’s dress up dress, it could be anything. The other night Gwen accidentally used Izzy’s toothbrush, and you would have thought Izzy’s head was going to spin around 360 degrees.
- Mean talking. Izzy in particular will say some mean things, especially to her sister. The other night she told me that she didn’t think she wanted to be Gwen’s twin the other night and that I could be her twin. And of course she says this loud enough so that Gwennie can hear, and then immediately Gwen’s lips will quiver getting ready to go into a full on cry. Izzy got in big trouble last night for telling Gwen that she hated her. My goodness, 4 is crazy!
- Ignoring. We have had to get onto the girls big time in the last couple of days because they are blatantly ignoring us when we either tell them to stop something or not do something.
- Begging, Whining, Annoying. The girls are now at the age where they understand commercials, and of course, that has turned into lots of begging for toys. Heck, Gwen keeps begging for a Barbie head because she saw one on Despicable Me.
We did have a big talk with the girls last night while they ate dinner about what we expected from them and what behavior was not allowed. We talked about how they were very privileged children and that they needed to be grateful for all the things they have as opposed to always wanting something more. I do think our big discussion did help out a lot as there was only one meltdown last night. Once it was time for bed last night and I told Gwen how proud I was for how good they had been all evening, she said, “So I get something special for being good?” Oh goodness, age 4 is gonna kill me! :)


3 comments:
I saw Despicable Me last night, so I know what Barbie head your talking about. haha.
Maybe show them a video of kids from Africa? Then compare and contrast. (You can tell I'm in curriculum mode still, right?)
I know this is not really funny but I am cracking up over here. Love to hear the stories! Glad you have written more lately!!
Gwen has gotten so blond!! It makes the girls look much more alike. :)
Post a Comment