Thursday, December 16, 2010

O Come All Ye Cryful

Well, our first Christmas show at preschool, and let’s just say it was a comedy of errors!  I visited the girls preschool this week since they were in the Christmas show, and as soon as Izzy saw me, big fat tears rolled from her eyes.  In fact it was a big boo hoo session!  I think she didn’t realize how much she missed her parents until she saw one of us out of our element visiting her at school.  She cried and said “Daddy” as soon as she saw me.  I think she was wanting her Daddy there.  She cried through the whole section her class was doing on stage which was singing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.  As soon as her class was done, she ran off the stage crying to me.  I held her in my lap for the rest of the performances.  Gwennie was not particularly happy to see me holding Izzy, so then her bottom lip started quivering while she was still sitting on stage.  It was definitely one of those moments where you wish you could comfort both your kids, but unfortunately I just couldn’t.  Luckily Gwen lasted the rest of the performance on stage, and she ran over to me as soon as it was done.  Both girls cheered up once they knew the reception involved cookies and punch! Now trying to leave them after being at the reception for a bit was pretty interesting…two kids crying and clinging to you telling you not to leave…broke my heart!

GIgi3gi4  gi2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still love this story! Y'all crack me up! Missing you -