I survived two whole days with Daddy gone to help with the girls! Bart was out of town for his aunt's funeral, and I was on twin toddler duty for Thursday and Friday this week. Dare I say the girls are actually getting to an age that is somewhat easier...at least to be on your own with them anyways. It was definitely trial by fire with it raining most of that time and having to deal with 3 dogs that do not like going outside in the rain, and then having to take them out during the night to pee, and then having to put them back in their crates before I left in the morning for work. There was a bit of craziness last night when it was pouring down rain and I was realizing that our special pump we have in our front flower bed was not pumping the water out like it was supposed to...so imagine how crazy I must have looked in the pouring rain scooping out water in hopes that I could keep it from coming in our sunken living room and cursing that we spent thousands of dollars on that special pump last summer...oh and the girls were in the bathtub at the time so I was going back and forth to check on them! Now that was crazy! And only to find out that the reset button needed to be pushed to get the pump back in action...that took a bit to figure out with trying to get a hold of my husband while he was in between changing planes. One push of that reset button and it sucked that water out like a champ! Okay, so maybe those thousands spent on it was worth it after all.
1 comment:
It sounds like you did great! And congratulations on being crib free. That is very exciting news.
Husband left me with both girls last February for 5 days to go on a snowboarding trip. Mercifully my little sister stayed with me and we had a fun 'vacation' as well.
Post a Comment